Tuesday, 17 June 2008
I had to make some tags for a swap i am in and the rule was they had to be shabby and as distressed as possible. The other instruction was to get as messy and inky as possible making them. I cut the white cardstock to the required size and then crumpled them up. I straightened them out again and applied Distress Ink in Fired Brick to both sides, blended lightly with a sponge to spread the colour over the entire tag. I then took another Distress ink pad in Walnut Stain and stroked this lightly over both sides as before. I spritzed water all over the tags to let the colours bleed slightly and left them to dry. While still slightly damp I tore pieces out and made other tears in the edges to add to the aged look. Once the tags were dry I stamped a Tim Holtz Image in Black Soot randomly on both sides. Then for the front I coloured some mountboard with Distress Inks in Old Paper, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo, blended with a wet baby wipe. I then stamped the bird image, also Tim Holtz in Black Soot. While all the inks were still wet I covered the mountboard with clear embossing powder. I heated it randomly so that the embossing is patchy. I then edged the mountboard with Vintage Photo ink and stuck it to the front of the tag. Finally I took some white string and dabbed it all over with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I ran a baby wipe over it, doubled it up and threaded it through the tag. Hope these are shabby enough :0) I am entering the tag in the MTTC challenge which was "birds" last week. I know I am late but I am hoping to catch up soon.
And yes, I got very inky and messy making these LOL!