Monday 5 July 2010

A BIG challenge for me!!


Karen's Doodles challenge this week was to make your card using Black, White and one other colour. You were allowed to use skin tones as well but that was it. I thought the easiest dress to leave white would be a wedding dress, hence I chose this image. I used the blender pen with my black Promarker for the groom's suit and hair. The bride's hair was done using two of the colours I use for shading on the skin. The other colour was as you can see PINK, one of my faves. I did have to make the leaves and stems of the flowers very pale pink but let's just call that artistic licence lol! I then went around the outline of the image with Dusky Pink Promarker and blended around the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. I had planned to use Tattered Rose(much paler) but once I started with the wrong one there was no going back. The DP is from a Basic Grey pad. I found the heart charm in my stash and attached it to the ribbon with a jump ring. Finally a little Stickles was added to the frills on the dress, the bouquet and her hair for a little sparkle.Not the best card ever but I don't have time to make another so here it is.
Thanks for looking and for any comments you leave me, they are much appreciated.

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Great card, I love it, colours blend in lovely.
Maureen...........x

Anne said...

Hi Shazza, lovely card, you did a great job.
Thanks for playing along with KDUK this week
Anne x

cheryl said...

oh shazza hun this is totally awesome love that image and so love the coulrs too hugs cheryl xxx

Joey said...

Hi Shazza

lovely card and great image! thanks forjoining us at KDUK

Joey.x

Viv said...

Shazza thisis gorgeous! Love your colouring and the charm. Thanks for playing at Karens Doodles UK. Viv x

Crafteezee said...

Hi Shazza,

You did a great job and I bet your glad you gave it a go!

Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles.

Hugs Tracy x