Wednesday 27 February 2008

Sunday Stampers/ Funky Fairy challenges


This weeks challenge set by Hels on Sunday Stampers had to do with time. The challenge from Funky Fairy was "you've been tagged" so this is my project for both. I made a tag from some plain white cardstock and stamped the pocket watch stamp from Artistic Stamper in pale gold ink. The image was then embossed with clear embossing powder. I then used Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Broken China and Black Soot and blended them randomly over the tag. Next, I rubbed a baby wipe over the tag until the embossed image showed through. This is the first time I have tried the resist technique, I really like the result.
I then stamped the pocket watch in white Staz-on onto black shrink plastic a few times and shrunk them down. I attached 3 of the shrunken watch images to the bottom of the tag. I took a small piece of mountboard and inked it up using the same colours as used for the tag. I used some peel-off letters, coloured black, on the mountboard to spell out "TIME" and finished the tag off with some co-ordinating ribbon and fibre. I am very pleased with this tag and I get to keep it all to myself as it is part of a techniques project I am doing with a new technique each month. I hope you like it too.

12 comments:

shaz earl said...

Its a great tag Shazza xx

Jo said...

Great tag :o)

Angie C said...

Fantastic tag :-)

Karen said...

Its really nice Shazza xxx

Karen said...

Love it - esp the mix of colours over the resist embossing. Thanks for joining in with the challenge.

Jozza said...

Ooh that is really gorgeous Shazza I love the effect you've achieved with the resist technique. xxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow, Shazza, that is a fab tag hun....thanks for joinin in xxx

Shazza said...

thanks everyone :0)

Andrea said...

Stunning tag
xxxx

Lou Sims said...

Brilliant tag. Love the composition and colours you have chosen. Thanks for joining in our challenge.

made by fifi said...

lovely tag shazza xx

Ann said...

Love it Shazza!!! xxx