Monday 24 March 2008

The Batik Technique



The tag technique from my friend Hels this month is batik. I stamped a Paper Artsy image in clear embossing ink and covered it with clear embossing powder which I heated. Then I covered the tag with Distress inks in Scattered Straw and Broken China. Then using my house iron cos I don't have a craft one, I covered the tag with a paper towel and laid the hot iron over it. This melts the embossing powder and lifts it off the image. You are then left with a negative image on the tag. The boys in the image look a bit spooky with their white eyes I thought- next time I try this technique I will use a different stamps :0)
I stamped the text in Broken China. On the back of the tag I have stamped another image from the same plate and some text in Broken China again and finished the tag with some co-ordinating ribbon. Hope Hels approves of my efforts.(click on the images to get a closer look)

5 comments:

made by fifi said...

they look fab shazza xx

Lesley said...

Great! xxx

Angie C said...

Looking good Shazza

Hels Sheridan said...

looking fab Shazza xx And so are your tags :O))

Ann said...

Brilliant Shazza - haven't tried this yet, might just do it tomorrow!!!