Wednesday 5 March 2008

Papertake Weekly Challenge


This weeks challenge was "Squares". I had to make a 30th birthday card for my brother-in-law who is a huge Aberdeen football fan. I cut out squares from red pearlised paper and stuck them to white card in a chequerboard fashion. I googled a couple of Aberdeen F.C. images and mounted them on black card which were then placed on 3D foam pads and popped on the card. I stamped the word "Goal" in black staz-on in some of the white squares. Finally I printed off some text and mounted this on black card as well. My mother-in-law has paid some shop in town £4.99 for a handmade card for Simon(she forgot I could make her one!) and hubby says mine is much better :0). Let's hope Simon likes it.

9 comments:

Angie C said...

What a great idea and lovely card

Andrea said...

fantastic new things Shaz, love the stamp from Jennies x

tracie said...

fabulous card, and what a great idea - love it :-)xz

Jo said...

Great idea, Simon will love it :o)

Sandy said...

Wow this is brillinat. Fabulous design.

Andrea, said...

Fab card, great idea

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

I'm sure he'll love it...it's a fab card Shazza x

Mrs Mayne said...

Great idea! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

a great card for your brother