Sunday 2 March 2008

Altered board book








This is my very first attempt at altering a board book. It started life as a Winnie the Pooh story and took me an age to remove the pages. I then covered the pages alternately with Rustic Gems papers and Adirondack Dabbers in Cranberry with some Gold streaked across randomly. Then I took some sticker sentiments about children from a Brenda Pinnick scrapbook kit I have together with some floral embellishments. I arranged these and some photos of my mum, my sister and I and our children on the pages. I then made some ribbon tabs for each page and used some chipboard letter to spell Mum on the front cover. As this is my first attempt, it has its faults but I hope my mum is delighted with it this Mother's Day.

13 comments:

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Well done Shazza! ^.^

A lovely little book that I'm sure your Mum will love xx

Angie C said...

It's gorgeous Shazza I bet your mum loves it.

shaz earl said...

It's really lovely Shazza xx

CraftyC said...

Your mum will love it Shazza!
Clairexx

Karen said...

Its lovely - I bet she thought so too xxx

Kazza said...

What a wonderful book, bet she loves it :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous Shazza - a beautiful keepsake!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I bet your mum loves it :-) xxxxxxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgoeus hun....you have made my day...please pop over to my Blog for your award piccie thing xx

Claireabelle said...

fab fab fab, i'll bet your mum loved it!
xx

Anonymous said...

Well done! Its fab. :)

Vanessa.

Shazza said...

thank you all and Hels, I have been to your blog but no see what you on aboot!

made by fifi said...

bet your mum loved her book shazza - it's gorgeous xx