Monday 17 March 2008

Sunday Stampers Challenge



This weeks challenge is "I'm a Laydeeeee!" so I have made two cards. I couldn't decide between my new oriental lady stamp or the lovely one I got the other week. The oriental lady has been stamped in black-staz on and then watercoloured. I had to copy the image on the wooden block to get the shading right. I then edged the mat with gold Krylon pen and mounted it onto red pearlescent paper which I had covered the A6 card blank with.
The other stamp is again stamped in black staz-on and coloured in with Marvy Le Plume pens and a black watercolour pencil.I covered an A6 blank with some Basic Grey Periphery paper(which I love). I took an Adirondack Dabber in Bottle along the edges of the stamped image and then mounted this onto the card. I haven't added greetings to either card as yet as I don't know what I will use them for. I am much happier with these efforts than other recent ones :0)

13 comments:

shaz earl said...

Wow!!!!they are great i love the top one best but both great xx

Lesley said...

Great cards and great stamps shazza! xxx

made by fifi said...

fab cards shazza xx

Andrea said...

these are great Shazza and coloured in brilliantly x

Angie C said...

These are fabby, love them both

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards. :-) xxxxx

Ann said...

Gorgeous cards - love both of them & the shading is perfect xxx

Donna said...

They are both great Shazza, i couldn't choose either. xx kretrina

Jo said...

Both are gorgeous, the oriental lady is my favourite I've never seen that stamp before :o)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!! :) They're very elegant. :)

Vanessa.

Shazza said...

thank you all very much for your lovely comments. The Oriental lady was a stamp my hubby found on e-bay. It is byan Australian company called Stampin It or something similar:0)

Alison said...

I love them both but the oriental one is stunning xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab cards Shaz, thanks for joinin in hun xx