Friday 21 March 2008

House Mouse birthday card


I adore House Mouse stamps yet have only managed to acquire 4 of them. It is a friend's birthday soon so I decided to use one of the stamps to make her card. I stamped the image in black staz-on and coloured it in using watercolour pencils. They are just a cheapy set but I think I need to invest in better ones that blend and smudge better. All recommendations gratefully received.
I then matted the coloured image onto some red/pink paper from Funky Fairy and matted this onto the card blank. I finished off with a Happy Birthday peel-off. I hope she likes it :0)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this Shazza :-) Well done. I use AquaTone solid sticks - which I love for my colouring in :-) xxxxx

Andrea said...

this is brilliant Shazza a very cute stamp x

lesleyanne said...

what a cute card
well done
lesley x

Angie C said...

Awwr Shazza, this is sooo cute, I'm sure your friend will adore it

Jozza said...

What a cute stamp! Lovely card :-)
xxx

made by fifi said...

wish it was my birthday soon ! gorgeous card shazza xx

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card Shazza xx

Ann said...

Very cute card & lucky friend!!! xxx

Carolyn King said...

very cute. I love this stamp and your coloring is great---those gold letters look wonderful down the side too!

Shazza said...

thank you everyone for your lovely comments
x

Lesley said...

Fab card - I love House Mouses too! xxx