Wednesday 26 March 2008



I have made a card which covers both of these challenges. The Funky Fairy challenge was "Bling" and the My Paper World one was sketch #7.The strip of paper and the stamped image are from the new Laura Ashley range. I have added the strip of paper to the card balnk per the sketch and placed some yellow Bazzill cardstock across it. I then painted the stamped image with Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Paint in Lime Twist ( this is the bling part) and left it to dry. I then added more bling by using the same paint around the edges of the card. I then mounted the stamped image on 3D foam and added 3 Primas with flower brads in their centres to the bottom right per the sketch. I finished with a peel-off greeting mounted on some yellow Bazzill.I am hoping the bling will show up in the photo, the paint gives a wonderful shimmering two-tone effect.

14 comments:

Jozza said...

Ooh lovely shimmery bling Shaz! That stamp is gorgeous. i think I need to check out the Laura Ashley range as I not seen any yet. Thanks for joining in with the challenge :o)

made by fifi said...

lovely shazza xx

Anonymous said...

igeLovely Shazza :-) xxx

Jo said...

Looks great :o)

My Paper World said...

It's gorgeous Sharon!
The shimmer looks really beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining in!
Nicola xx

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A fabulous card Shazza! ^.^

Thanks for joining in with the challenge again xx

Zimtschnecke said...

Beautiful card! Great work!

Angie C said...

Lovely card Shazza

Lou Sims said...

Gorgeous card and the Laura Ashley papers are gorgeous.

The sketch on Papetake is great and I found it very easy to use - definitely a keeper!

many thanks for joining in with teh Funky Fairy challenge this week.

Shazza said...

thank yu all for your lovely comments :0)
The Laura Ashley range is lovely- I feel the need to buy some more perhaps:0))))))

LISA said...

lovely cards xxxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work Shaz. :)

Vanessa.

debby4000 said...

Lovely, fabu colours.

Karen said...

Great card! Isn't it such a smart move by LA to get in to the craft market? Their designs lend themselves so well I wonder what took them so long. Thanks for joining in the Funky Fairy challenge.